Call for Papers
We request high-level original articles, including work in progress, in any area of bioinformatics, computational biology, and biomolecular computing. New methods and computational techniques in pattern recognition, data mining, data analysis, machine learning, text analysis, knowledge representation, databases, data integration, data modeling and simulation, combinatorial optimization, data visualization, and parallel computing. Relevant topics in all aspects of bioinformatics, computational biology, systems biology, and biomolecular computing, including but not limited to:
1. Exact, approximate, and heuristic algorithms for:
- NGS, metagenomic, RNAseq
- Comparative genomics
- SNPs and GWAS
- ARN and protein structure prediction and folding, function from structure, interaction, and drug design
- Microarrays, network analysis, and metabolic pathways
- Epigenomics and Non coding RNA
2. Methods, software, and benchmarks for the development and evaluation of algorithms and models. High Performance Computing for molecular dynamics problems, visualization, storage and retrieval, and processing of large volumes of data.
3. Biomolecular computing
- Algorithms and models of biomolecular computing systems
- In vitro and in vivo computational systems
- Molecular switches, gates, devices, and circuits
- Molecular folding and self assembly
- Molecular motors and robots
- Software tools for the analysis, simulation, and design of molecular systems
- Synthetic Biology
- Applications in medicine, engineering, biology, physics, and chemistry
Workshop held at:
Ensenada, Baja California.
October 7 of 2015
- Submission deadline: July 5th.
- Submission deadline: extended date July 31.
- Notification to authors: August 21.
- Final submission: September 4.
- Workshop day: October 7.